Are you looking for a new and exciting career? TA Staffing is in partnership and recruits on behalf of a fortune 100 and 500 companies. Our passion is to help our candidates find new and exciting career opportunities. We thrive on finding the perfect fit for you and our clients through our in-depth screening process, allowing us to build a brighter future in excellence together. This position is 2-3 month contract assignment, some candidates placed will stay longer than others. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment who’s reliable, punctual, & able to do repetitive light to heavy lifting. Education required is a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED. Our client requires; no history of violence, theft, drugs, felony or misdemeanor in the last 10 years, clean background and drug screen. The following is a basic description of the responsibilities but not limited to, additional training and information will be provided by our client after the candidate has been placed.
The position will be in charge of sorting and packaging lightweight product.
- Steel toe shoes and safety shoes provided by employee
- Jeans with no holes
- T-Shirt (must have sleeves)
- Shorts are permitted, but not short shorts- they must ne no shorter than 2 inches above the knees
- No holes in Clothing
- No profane slogans or design
- No Jewelry, No sandals or open toed shoes
- No cell phones, Photo ID will be required to get into facility through Guards. Obey the rules of the facility
GENERAL INFORMATION & SAFETY RULES:
- No climbing over or standing on the conveyors/rollers. The First offense is a warning, the second offense results in termination
- Do not drop boxes from a height above the knees due to the fragile nature of the product
- Do not allow freight to recycle back though because of slow productivity or jams
- When loading the trailer, you must always have a load stand inside the trailer and use it when loads must be lifted above your head
- You must load the trailer 100% unless directed otherwise by your supervisor. This means building walls all the way to the top and pushing boxes back until they hit the wall before it
- The air space needs to be filled with small boxes
- You can NEVER throw, stand, kick or sit on packages
- Never stand on the rollers, the rollers are used for moving the product only
- Do NOT open any boxes
MUST USE PROPER LIFTING TECHNIQUES:
- Size up the load before trying to lift it. If the load is too heavy or of an awkward shape, get help. • Lift with your legs, not your back
- Do not twist or turn your body once you have made the lift
- Set the load down properly. Lower the load slowly bending your knees
- Always push, not pull the object when possible
- Use the load stands when lifting above your shoulder level
MATERIAL SAFELY DATA SHEETS:
MSDS are maintained by clients. Your supervisor will advise you of the location.
Evacuation and emergency Plans are posted. Please become familiar with the location of Exits and the Evacuation plan.
EDUCATION & BACKGROUND:
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED and experience in the warehouse environment. In order to be considered, it’s required to have a clean background and drug screen.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the hired candidate(s) incumbent in this position. Hired candidate(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
To perform this job successfully, the hired candidate will possess the skills, aptitudes, competencies and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. The information furnished in your documents will be subject to verification, be sure it is up-to-date. Misrepresentation of data could result in rejection as a candidate or subsequent to dismissal if employed. In order to be considered for the following position a drug screen will be required. Any Applicant who is unwilling to agree to these conditions should not apply for employment with TA Staffing.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Work Place, if you’ve read and understand the nature of the responsibilities of this position and possess the qualifications indicated and are able to carry out the identified reasonability with or without reasonable accommodation, and are able to confirm the information furnished in your documentation is accurate, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your experience to TA Staffing for this position. Your application will be processed by our recruiting team. We’ll be sure to get in touch with you, should we feel that your background and qualifications meets our clients’ needs.